Latest news and views on the topic of Circular Economy — brought to you straight from the Editorial Desk of SustMeme and published in association withDow Packaging and Specialty Plastics (P&SP), a business unit of Dow (NYSE: DOW).
Dow combines core strengths of R&D, worldwide reach, broad product lines and industry expertise to deliver high-performing technologies for end-use markets in food packaging, personal hygiene, infrastructure, consumer goods and transportation, and is a leading innovator and collaborator across the value chain on sustainable application development and circular economy life-cycle design for plastics.
- Quarry waste on the road to circular constructionNews: New roadbuilding material will repurpose quarry waste in innovative circular construction solution that carries Solar Impulse label.
- Venture capital backs eco-friendly period careNews: Period care has a plastic problem; so, ESG-based venture capital is investing in eco-friendly menstrual healthcare for a green economy.
- Fashion waste landfill piled high as the moonNews: Piled high, the volume of fashion waste sent to landfill worldwide every year is enough to reach up to the moon in less than 8 months.
- Pollution on rise as only 9% plastic waste recycledNews: Pollution on rise, as report reveals that 22% of global plastic waste is mismanaged or littered and only 9% gets recycled.
- Scottish facility wins £500K grant to support circular cementNews: Funding for Scottish manufacturing facility to transform hazardous waste into solution for lower-carbon circular cement production.
- BSI Kitemark for laptop remanufacturer investing in UAENews: World’s first circular production company to get BSI Kitemark, UK laptop remanufacturer expands at Ras Al Khaimah Economic Zone, UAE.
- In the Loop: Construction signs up to tackle pallet wasteNews: First ever circular economy, carbon net zero, pallet reuse scheme launched to combat major waste problem in UK construction.
- Innovation call to tackle problem of plastic packaging in AfricaNews: Afri-Plastics Challenge announces further grant funding to tackle the problem of plastic in the packaging supply chain in Africa.
- Sustainability & EPR: ‘Future of Packaging’ in The TimesPackaging, Sustainability & EPR: Articles for report in ‘The Times’ newspaper look at how the industry tells its story and new regulations.
- FMCG and retail giants back £1M fund for flexible plastic recyclingNews: Bringing Flexi Back! Five of UK’s biggest names in branded FMCG come together to form £1M Flexible Plastic Fund to boost recycling.
You can check out the full archive of past Circular Economy posts on SustMeme here.