Latest news and views on the topic of Circular Economy — brought to you straight from the Editorial Desk of SustMeme and published in association with Dow Packaging and Specialty Plastics (P&SP), a business unit of Dow (NYSE: DOW).
Dow combines core strengths of R&D, worldwide reach, broad product lines and industry expertise to deliver high-performing technologies for end-use markets in food packaging, personal hygiene, infrastructure, consumer goods and transportation, and is a leading innovator and collaborator across the value chain on sustainable application development and circular economy life-cycle design for plastics.
- Circular economy investment set to spikeNews: Analysis reveals big rise in the number and value of circular economy investment deals in the UK, with growth about to bloom in 2022.
- Which countries are best for sustainable fashion?News: Research reveals which countries show the most interest in sustainable fashion; but also which import and export most clothing waste.
- Quarry waste on the road to circular constructionNews: New roadbuilding material will repurpose quarry waste in innovative circular construction solution that carries Solar Impulse label.
- Venture capital backs eco-friendly period careNews: Period care has a plastic problem; so, ESG-based venture capital is investing in eco-friendly menstrual healthcare for a green economy.
- Fashion waste landfill piled high as the moonNews: Piled high, the volume of fashion waste sent to landfill worldwide every year is enough to reach up to the moon in less than 8 months.
- Pollution on rise as only 9% plastic waste recycledNews: Pollution on rise, as report reveals that 22% of global plastic waste is mismanaged or littered and only 9% gets recycled.
- Scottish facility wins £500K grant to support circular cementNews: Funding for Scottish manufacturing facility to transform hazardous waste into solution for lower-carbon circular cement production.
- BSI Kitemark for laptop remanufacturer investing in UAENews: World’s first circular production company to get BSI Kitemark, UK laptop remanufacturer expands at Ras Al Khaimah Economic Zone, UAE.
- In the Loop: Construction signs up to tackle pallet wasteNews: First ever circular economy, carbon net zero, pallet reuse scheme launched to combat major waste problem in UK construction.
- Innovation call to tackle problem of plastic packaging in AfricaNews: Afri-Plastics Challenge announces further grant funding to tackle the problem of plastic in the packaging supply chain in Africa.
You can check out the full archive of past Circular Economy posts on SustMeme here.