Latest news and views on the topic of Transport & Mobility — brought to you straight from the Editorial Desk of SustMeme and published in association with IFEMA MADRID and Global Mobility Call (GMC), the only World Congress and Expo on Sustainable Mobility of People and Goods that connects all industries and stakeholders.
Taking place this year in Madrid, 12-14 September, 2023, GMC was conceived to promote collaboration between companies and generate public-private partnerships that contribute to the development of Sustainable Mobility in cities and rural areas.
NEWSFLASH: International support for world’s largest sustainable mobility event
With some four months still to go, Global Mobility Call (GMC) has already attracted broad support from around 130 institutional, corporate and multi-sectoral partners from Spain and abroad.
The Ministry of Transport, Mobility and Urban Agenda (MITMA) is the headline sponsor for the event, with the Regional Government of Madrid and Madrid City Council also collaborating in its organisation.
Organised by IFEMA MADRID and Smobhub, GMC is the largest international sustainable mobility event in the world. SustMeme is proud to Partner with GMC as Sponsor of this Transport & Mobility Channel.
- Electric SUV to boost market for battery swappingNews: Two California-based mobility pioneers combine to bring fully electric SUV to market next year, powered by swappable battery technology.
- Zero-emission hydrogen-electric HGV is UK firstNews: Zero-emission hydrogen-electric heavy goods vehicle to launch in UK, with range up to 370 miles and refuelling time of 15-20 minutes.
- Fire risk call for regulation of e-bike batteriesNews: Calls are growing for tighter regulation and better safety awareness around batteries for e-bikes, after recent high-profile fires.
- Pay-per-mile tyre to cut pollution from EV taxisNews: Fintech-backed EV tyre can cut air pollution, waste and marine microplastics, yet improve performance — and all with no upfront cost.
- Bike across the Baltic Sea on a solar-electric ferryNews: New solar-electric ferry service now makes taking your bike to a popular tourist island in the Baltic Sea easier, cleaner and greener.
- Hydrofoils can help electric ferries fly across the seaNews: Researchers in Sweden have discovered how modern hydrofoils can greatly boost the range of electric battery-powered passenger ferries.
- Net zero road transport is still possible by 2050News: Electrification can still make net zero road transport happen by 2050, but only if sales of internal combustion vehicles end in 2038.
- Web3 running app on path to carbon removalNews: Harnessing the power of Web3, move-to-earn running app makes monthly commitment of $100,000 towards carbon removal.
- Viability of River Thames to deliver freight at scaleNews: Handling just 3% of 700 million parcels delivered yearly in London could make logistics via River Thames competitive with road freight.
- All-electric lithium to power North America EV driveNews: World’s first all-electric lithium mine planned for Manitoba, Canada, to meet market demand for battery-powered EVs in North America.
You can check out the full archive of past Transport & Mobility posts on SustMeme here.