Latest news and views on the topic of Transport & Mobility — brought to you straight from the Editorial Desk of SustMeme and published in association with a leading Sponsor Partner*.
- For details of how to support independent journalism by becoming an Editorial Partner and SustMeme Channel Sponsor, including rates and benefits, please click here.
- Energy-saving methanol supply for green shippingNews: Design of a new fuel system for green methanol shows how innovation is helping shrink the carbon footprint of commercial shipping.
- Green hydrogen plant by the river in Tees ValleyNews: Green hydrogen production plant and refuelling station wins UK Government funding for construction on riverside site in Tees Valley.
- Microalgae bioreactors on track for carbon captureNews: Major UK rail operator scales up pilot project to explore using microalgae bioreactors for carbon capture around train stations.
- Upcycled refuse trucks save carbon and capitalNews: Lifecycle Carbon Analysis (LCA) shows that an upcycled electric vehicle (UEV) can provide for the world’s least-polluting refuse truck.
- Hydrogen refuelling boost for California bus fleetNews: Milestone reached on road to decarbonisation of pubic transport in California with Hydrogen Refuelling Station for local bus fleet.
- New race for older boats cuts environmental impactNews: Sailing competition to organise new solo race for older boats to make sport more accessible and help reduce its environmental impact.
- First all-electric truck for Amsterdam metal recyclersNews: Sustainable materials specialist adds first all-electric truck to fleet in the Netherlands, carrying 30-tonne loads of recycled metal.
- Workhorse of heavy industry goes electricNews: Innovation in green transportation sees SPMT workhorse of heavy industry switch to electric power, cutting CO2 and NOx, noise and waste.
- Electric SUV to boost market for battery swappingNews: Two California-based mobility pioneers combine to bring fully electric SUV to market next year, powered by swappable battery technology.
- Zero-emission hydrogen-electric HGV is UK firstNews: Zero-emission hydrogen-electric heavy goods vehicle to launch in UK, with range up to 370 miles and refuelling time of 15-20 minutes.
You can check out the full archive of past Transport & Mobility posts on SustMeme here.