Latest feature content on the topic of Circular Economy — brought to you straight from the Editorial Desk of SustMeme and published in association with Dow Packaging and Specialty Plastics (P&SP), a business unit of Dow (NYSE: DOW).
Dow combines core strengths of R&D, worldwide reach, broad product lines and industry expertise to deliver high-performing technologies for end-use markets in food packaging, personal hygiene, infrastructure, consumer goods and transportation, and is a leading innovator and collaborator across the value chain on sustainable application development and circular economy life-cycle design for plastics.
- How can we close the global Circularity Gap?News: Circularity Gap Report reveals global circularity shrank from 9.1% in 2018, to 7.2% in 2023, due to rising material extraction and use.
- Chemical Recycling and the ‘Future of Packaging’Future of Packaging: Article for report in ‘The Times’ newspaper explores chemical recycling as a solution to the problem of plastic waste.
- Packaging: cutting plastic and carbon from katsu curryNews: Sustainable packaging launch by restaurant chain will cut 330 tonnes of virgin plastic from supply chain and waste stream every year.
- Circular economy investment set to spikeNews: Analysis reveals big rise in the number and value of circular economy investment deals in the UK, with growth about to bloom in 2022.
- Which countries are best for sustainable fashion?News: Research reveals which countries show the most interest in sustainable fashion; but also which import and export most clothing waste.
- Quarry waste on the road to circular constructionNews: New roadbuilding material will repurpose quarry waste in innovative circular construction solution that carries Solar Impulse label.
- Venture capital backs eco-friendly period careNews: Period care has a plastic problem; so, ESG-based venture capital is investing in eco-friendly menstrual healthcare for a green economy.
- Fashion waste landfill piled high as the moonNews: Piled high, the volume of fashion waste sent to landfill worldwide every year is enough to reach up to the moon in less than 8 months.
- Pollution on rise as only 9% plastic waste recycledNews: Pollution on rise, as report reveals that 22% of global plastic waste is mismanaged or littered and only 9% gets recycled.
- Scottish facility wins £500K grant to support circular cementNews: Funding for Scottish manufacturing facility to transform hazardous waste into solution for lower-carbon circular cement production.
You can check out the full archive of past Circular Economy posts on SustMeme here.