Latest feature content on the topic of of Built Environment — brought to you straight from the Editorial Desk of SustMeme and published in association with Mitsubishi Electric Living Environmental Systems UK – a market leader in solutions to sustainably heat, cool and ventilate our world.
- New US protocol created for low-carbon cementNews: For construction, the development of a new US protocol for low-carbon cement marks a key step down the road towards decarbonisation.
- Is Net Zero the first casualty in fight for votes?Opinion: As an electioneering UK Prime Minister guns down green policy, Jim McClelland asks: Will Net Zero survive this ballot-box battle?
- Will the supply chain be the scapegoat for Net Zero?Net Zero: As clients get real about cutting carbon, Jim McClelland asks: Will it be their suppliers who pay the price and feel the pain?
- Green building first for smart new Salford designNews: Home to Europe’s largest living wall, UK green building will become first new office design to achieve record-breaking energy rating.
- Sustainability will be measured in heat pumpsHeat pumps have become the new metric of success for sustainability in the built environment, argues Jim McClelland in this opinion piece.
- COP28: Health check for the climate agendaCOP28: A new focus on health at the end-of-year climate summit looks tailor-made for the built environment sector, argues Jim McClelland.
- Sustainable luxury for first skyscraper in GreeceNews: Tallest building in Greece to become sustainable high-rise landmark of largest and most ambitious urban regeneration project in Europe.
- Is a fossil-free future within reach for steel?Steelmaking: Decarbonisation is difficult, but doable. Can the industry stop being part of the climate problem and become part of a solution?
- What is the future for 21st-century housing?Whilst the world we live in is changing fast, the houses we live in are not — so, what is the future for UK residential property?
- Toolbox for urban decarbonisation and resilienceNews: First-of-its-kind platform for urban decarbonisation, Toolbox of Solutions, launched at COP27, set to inspire global city stakeholders.
You can check out the full archive of past Built Environment posts on SustMeme here.