Circular Economy Channel: News & Views
Latest news and views on the topic of Circular Economy — brought to you straight from the Editorial Desk of SustMeme and published in association with Dow Packaging and Specialty Plastics (P&SP), a business unit of Dow (NYSE: DOW), which combines core strengths of R&D, worldwide reach, broad product lines and industry expertise to deliver high-performing technologies for end-use markets in food packaging, personal hygiene, infrastructure, consumer goods and transportation, and is a leading innovator and collaborator across the value chain on sustainable application development and circular economy life-cycle design for plastics.
- Plastic waste gets Recycled for Radness into eco snow gearNews: Global outerwear brand releases Recycled For Radness animation to celebrate the launch of its new snow gear made from waste plastic.
- Waste reduction wins award for alcohol-free spiritsNews: Alcohol-free spirits brand wins award for eco credentials, including labels made from sugar waste and packaging that uses no plastic.
- Round-the-world boat race to make waves in sustainabilityNews: Round-the-world boat race to trial circular materials in most innovative sustainability programme the sport of sailing has ever seen.
- Lost is found in fight to tackle ocean plasticNews: Innovative new item-finder design helps tackle the millions of metric tons of ocean plastic entering marine environments.
- Boots to Advantage customers with in-store recyclingNews: UK’s largest pharmacy-led retailer launches smart in-store recycling scheme for health, beauty and wellness packaging, with incentives.
- As EV waste looms, is Li-ion battery recycling ready to roar?News: With end-of-life electric vehicle waste a potential problem, will the global market for Li-ion battery recycling grow to meet demand?
- Circling back to Nature: Timberland to go net positiveNews: Leading footwear and apparel brand sets goal to be net positive by 2030, investing in regenerative agriculture and circular design.
- Road to rail helps get decarbonisation of waste on trackNews: Modal shift from road to rail saves leading UK waste management company 6,600 tonnes of CO2 in transportation of inert material.
- Why there is more to anaerobic digestion than just foodNews: Anaerobic digestion industry calls for understanding of its potential to generate energy, support a circular economy and provide jobs.
- Guest Blog: 5 countries where recycling is good newsWith trash littering our screens with images of pollution, Tom Simpkins seeks out some good news recycling stories from 5 countries around the world.
You can check out the full archive of past Circular Economy posts on SustMeme here.