Circular Economy Channel: News & Views
Latest news and views on the topic of Circular Economy — brought to you straight from the Editorial Desk of SustMeme and published in association with Dow Packaging and Specialty Plastics (P&SP), a business unit of Dow (NYSE: DOW), which combines core strengths of R&D, worldwide reach, broad product lines and industry expertise to deliver high-performing technologies for end-use markets in food packaging, personal hygiene, infrastructure, consumer goods and transportation, and is a leading innovator and collaborator across the value chain on sustainable application development and circular economy life-cycle design for plastics.
- Plant-based food for homeless and vulnerable in VeganuaryNews: Europe’s fastest-growing plant-based food brand donates over 1,000 meals to UK food charity to help Londoners in need during Veganuary.
- Cruelty-free vegan sneaker uses cactus, not cowsNews: Cruelty-free vegan sneaker will harness plant-power throughout, with unique design using cactus, sugarcane, bamboo and organic cotton.
- First biodegradable non-plastic packaging to use grapheneNews: UK biotech firm uses graphene to launch world’s first biodegradable, compostable, commercially viable alternative to plastic packaging.
- Bioplastic tree shelters to solve planting waste problemNews: UK bioplastics firm secures funding from Government-backed agency to develop and test new generation of biodegradable tree shelters.
- AI-powered robot recycling plant for constuction wasteNews: Swiss-based pioneer makes major investment into new AI-powered smart robot recycling plant for mixed construction and demolition waste.
- Plastic waste gets Recycled for Radness into eco snow gearNews: Global outerwear brand releases Recycled For Radness animation to celebrate the launch of its new snow gear made from waste plastic.
- Waste reduction wins award for alcohol-free spiritsNews: Alcohol-free spirits brand wins award for eco credentials, including labels made from sugar waste and packaging that uses no plastic.
- Round-the-world boat race to make waves in sustainabilityNews: Round-the-world boat race to trial circular materials in most innovative sustainability programme the sport of sailing has ever seen.
- Lost is found in fight to tackle ocean plasticNews: Innovative new item-finder design helps tackle the millions of metric tons of ocean plastic entering marine environments.
- Boots to Advantage customers with in-store recyclingNews: UK’s largest pharmacy-led retailer launches smart in-store recycling scheme for health, beauty and wellness packaging, with incentives.
You can check out the full archive of past Circular Economy posts on SustMeme here.