Circular Economy Channel: News & Views
Latest news and views on the topic of Circular Economy — brought to you straight from the Editorial Desk of SustMeme and published in association with Dow Packaging and Specialty Plastics (P&SP), a business unit of Dow (NYSE: DOW), which combines core strengths of R&D, worldwide reach, broad product lines and industry expertise to deliver high-performing technologies for end-use markets in food packaging, personal hygiene, infrastructure, consumer goods and transportation, and is a leading innovator and collaborator across the value chain on sustainable application development and circular economy life-cycle design for plastics.
- FMCG and retail giants back £1M fund for flexible plastic recyclingNews: Bringing Flexi Back! Five of UK’s biggest names in branded FMCG come together to form £1M Flexible Plastic Fund to boost recycling.
- Packaging Tax: ‘Future of Plastics’ in The TimesPlastic Packaging Tax: Article for report in ‘The Times’ newspaper asks whether UK Government is doing enough to stem the tide of pollution.
- Second-life battery solution for circular EV chargingNews: Innovative circular solution for EV charging reuses old electric car batteries for second-life renewable energy storage in Sweden.
- How to kick-start circular food systems in the cityNews: New platform and practical handbook launched to equip cities worldwide with tools to kick-start circular economy through food systems.
- New centre to drive Circular Revolution in WalesNews: Pioneering hydrogen car manufacturer launches Circular Economy Innovation Centre for Wales to help business go circular in practice.
- Jet fuel from waste plastic brings clean air travel step closerNews: Clean air travel breakthrough, as alternative to kerosene jet fuel slashes carbon emissions and helps tackle problem of plastic waste.
- World’s most sustainable glass bottle created in biofuel trialNews: Pioneering net-zero tech, world-first trial makes most sustainable bottle from 100% recycled glass, using ultra-low-carbon biofuels.
- Circular economy strategies can cut global emissions by 39%News: Circularity Gap Report reveals efficient resource consumption can save 22.8 billion tonnes of carbon and help avoid climate breakdown.
- Plant-based food for homeless and vulnerable in VeganuaryNews: Europe’s fastest-growing plant-based food brand donates over 1,000 meals to UK food charity to help Londoners in need during Veganuary.
- Cruelty-free vegan sneaker uses cactus, not cowsNews: Cruelty-free vegan sneaker will harness plant-power throughout, with unique design using cactus, sugarcane, bamboo and organic cotton.
You can check out the full archive of past Circular Economy posts on SustMeme here.