Circular Economy Channel: News & Views
Latest news and views on the topic of Circular Economy — brought to you straight from the Editorial Desk of SustMeme and published in association with a leading Sponsor Partner*.
- For details of how to support independent journalism by becoming an Editorial Partner and SustMeme Channel Sponsor, including rates and benefits, please click here.
- Guest Blog: 5 countries where recycling is good newsWith trash littering our screens with images of pollution, Tom Simpkins seeks out some good news recycling stories from 5 countries around the world.
- Half million people petition Amazon to offer plastic-free packagingNews: Survey of Amazon customers in UK, US and Canada flags fears about plastic pollution, as 500,000+ people sign petition for plastic-free packaging.
- No leaders, only laggards, as companies fail to fix plastic pollutionNews: Major US corporates and brands are failing to address their responsibilities, fix packaging and turn back the tide on plastic pollution, says report.
- Biomass gets up head of steam in BrazilNews: Plans have been announced to build 11 new biomass plants in Brazil, each producing steam or electricity, or both, plus helping to reduce landfill.
- News: Consumers willing to pay for sustainable packagingNews: Global survey finds 3 out of 4 consumers willing to pay more for sustainable packaging, to boost recycling, cut pollution and protect the environment.
- News: Global #RecyclingHeroes 2020News: The 10 winners of the #RecyclingHeroes Competition have now been announced for 2020, as part of the third annual Global Recycling Day.
- News: Prize money wins for circular start-upsNews: Two award-winning start-up businesses, launched to help drive the transition to a circular economy, have received £10,000 in prize money.
- Carbon + circularity: ‘Future of Construction’ in The TimesFuture of Construction: Articles for report in ‘The Times’ newspaper explore the challenges of cutting carbon and how a circular economy can really happen.
- Guest Blog: 15 Unexpected Items You Didn’t Know Could Be RecycledRecycling is evolving: You can recycle paper, glass and plastic bottles, but what other, unexpected items are there? Rebecca Currier names her top 15…
- Guest Blog: Are you an unwitting polluter?E-waste: When it comes to recycling, do you have the best of intentions, but not always the info or knowledge to match? Yanyan Ji of Gazelle has the answer.
You can check out the full archive of past Circular Economy posts on SustMeme here.