Latest news and views on the topic of Transport & Mobility — brought to you straight from the Editorial Desk of SustMeme and published in association with a leading Sponsor Partner*.
- For details of how to support independent journalism by becoming an Editorial Partner and SustMeme Channel Sponsor, including rates and benefits, please click here.
- Hydrofoils can help electric ferries fly across the seaNews: Researchers in Sweden have discovered how modern hydrofoils can greatly boost the range of electric battery-powered passenger ferries.
- Net zero road transport is still possible by 2050News: Electrification can still make net zero road transport happen by 2050, but only if sales of internal combustion vehicles end in 2038.
- Web3 running app on path to carbon removalNews: Harnessing the power of Web3, move-to-earn running app makes monthly commitment of $100,000 towards carbon removal.
- Viability of River Thames to deliver freight at scaleNews: Handling just 3% of 700 million parcels delivered yearly in London could make logistics via River Thames competitive with road freight.
- All-electric lithium to power North America EV driveNews: World’s first all-electric lithium mine planned for Manitoba, Canada, to meet market demand for battery-powered EVs in North America.
- Shop ‘guilt-free’ with driverless electric delivery?News: Could going driverless and electric for last-mile delivery be the route forward for ‘guilt-free’ direct-to-consumer shopping?
- Charging ahead on the switch to electrified fleetsNews: UK organisations come together to launch ambitious industry-leading Action Group to accelerate deployment of electrified fleets.
- First full-electric truck for inner-city logisticsNews: World’s first purpose-built road-going full-electric 16-tonne truck designed for inner-city logistics goes into DV production in UK.
- Decarbonising logistics: ‘Supply Chain Resilience’ in The Sunday TimesSupply Chain Resilience: Article for report in ‘The Sunday Times’ newspaper explores the innovations that are decarbonising logistics.
- Vehicle-to-Everything tech hits the road in smart-city GeorgiaNews: Peachtree Corners, in Georgia, USA, to roadtest Cellular Vehicle-to-Everything technology (C-V2X) in latest smart-city breakthrough.
You can check out the full archive of past Transport & Mobility posts on SustMeme here.