Built Environment Channel: News & Views
Latest news and views on the topic of Built Environment — brought to you straight from the Editorial Desk of SustMeme and published in association with a leading Sponsor Partner*.
- For details of how to support independent journalism by becoming an Editorial Partner and SustMeme Channel Sponsor, including rates and benefits, please click here.
- First net-zero fast-food flagship designed to educate on environmentNews: First-ever net-zero fast-food restaurant completed for McDonald’s at Disney tourist and holidaymaker destination in Orlando, Florida.
- How to equip construction with tools to decarboniseNews: New handbook helps equip main contractors with tools to start or accelerate their journey towards net zero and decarbonise construction.
- AI-powered robot recycling plant for constuction wasteNews: Swiss-based pioneer makes major investment into new AI-powered smart robot recycling plant for mixed construction and demolition waste.
- Landlord pioneers use of antiviral air-purifying paintNews: UK real-estate leader pioneers application of innovative antiviral paint for interiors, proven to fight both pollution and bacteria.
- Boost for UK construction with launch of Offsite for EveryoneNews: Help for UK construction towards achieving 2025 targets with launch of comprehensive suite of learning materials — Offsite for Everyone.
- Rising like a Phoenix, Thunderbird goes global in ArizonaNews: Sustainable new global HQ under construction at Arizona State University in Phoenix is a turnaround story for Thunderbird B-School.
- Former steel mill installs largest single-slope solar array in USNews: With 4,784 rooftop panels on a structure over 1/4 mile long, Mill 19 in Pittsburgh has the largest single-sloped solar array in the US.
- Century up for Supply Chain Sustainability School!News: Pioneering world-class collaboration in the built environment, the Supply Chain Sustainability School secures its 100th Partner in just 8 years.
- First Chartered Surveyors in world to become B CorporationNews: One of largest independent UK property and construction consultancies has become the world’s first Chartered Surveyors to certify as a B Corporation.
- Call to use urban car space to walk and cycle post-COVIDNews: Call for car-free days and pedestrianisation of urban space in major world cities to encourage citizens to walk and cycle more post-COVID.
You can check out the full archive of past Built Environment posts on SustMeme here.
You can view the SustMeme Top 500 global ranking of Influencers in Built Environment here.