Built Environment Channel: News & Views
Latest news and views on the topic of Built Environment — brought to you straight from the Editorial Desk of SustMeme and published in association with a leading Sponsor Partner*.
- For details of how to support independent journalism by becoming an Editorial Partner and SustMeme Channel Sponsor, including rates and benefits, please click here.
- Landlord pioneers use of antiviral air-purifying paintNews: UK real-estate leader pioneers application of innovative antiviral paint for interiors, proven to fight both pollution and bacteria.
- Boost for UK construction with launch of Offsite for EveryoneNews: Help for UK construction towards achieving 2025 targets with launch of comprehensive suite of learning materials — Offsite for Everyone.
- Rising like a Phoenix, Thunderbird goes global in ArizonaNews: Sustainable new global HQ under construction at Arizona State University in Phoenix is a turnaround story for Thunderbird B-School.
- Former steel mill installs largest single-slope solar array in USNews: With 4,784 rooftop panels on a structure over 1/4 mile long, Mill 19 in Pittsburgh has the largest single-sloped solar array in the US.
- Century up for Supply Chain Sustainability School!News: Pioneering world-class collaboration in the built environment, the Supply Chain Sustainability School secures its 100th Partner in just 8 years.
- First Chartered Surveyors in world to become B CorporationNews: One of largest independent UK property and construction consultancies has become the world’s first Chartered Surveyors to certify as a B Corporation.
- Call to use urban car space to walk and cycle post-COVIDNews: Call for car-free days and pedestrianisation of urban space in major world cities to encourage citizens to walk and cycle more post-COVID.
- Developer of offsite eco homes in self-build takeoverNews: Acquisition of self-build homes specialist by offsite eco developer will optimise manufacturing to support housebuilding ambitions of local councils.
- Tech alliance to drive open standard for smart homesNews: Leading names in global tech are collaborating on an open-source standard for smart homes of the future, to boost compatibility and cyber security.
- IoT tech to help cut water leaks by up to 50%News: 10-year deal between key names in tech comms and utilities will use Internet of Things to transform how water leaks are detected and prevented in UK.
You can check out the full archive of past Built Environment posts on SustMeme here.
You can view the SustMeme Top 500 global ranking of Influencers in Built Environment here.