Built Environment Channel: News & Views
Latest news and views on the topic of Built Environment — brought to you straight from the Editorial Desk of SustMeme and published in association with a leading Sponsor Partner*.
- For details of how to support independent journalism by becoming an Editorial Partner and SustMeme Channel Sponsor, including rates and benefits, please click here.
- Century up for Supply Chain Sustainability School!News: Pioneering world-class collaboration in the built environment, the Supply Chain Sustainability School secures its 100th Partner in just 8 years.
- First Chartered Surveyors in world to become B CorporationNews: One of largest independent UK property and construction consultancies has become the world’s first Chartered Surveyors to certify as a B Corporation.
- Call to use urban car space to walk and cycle post-COVIDNews: Call for car-free days and pedestrianisation of urban space in major world cities to encourage citizens to walk and cycle more post-COVID.
- Developer of offsite eco homes in self-build takeoverNews: Acquisition of self-build homes specialist by offsite eco developer will optimise manufacturing to support housebuilding ambitions of local councils.
- Tech alliance to drive open standard for smart homesNews: Leading names in global tech are collaborating on an open-source standard for smart homes of the future, to boost compatibility and cyber security.
- IoT tech to help cut water leaks by up to 50%News: 10-year deal between key names in tech comms and utilities will use Internet of Things to transform how water leaks are detected and prevented in UK.
- UK & Irish homes are coolest in EuropeNews: The coolest homes in Europe can be found in the UK and Ireland, according to research by tadoº into average indoor temperatures, country to country.
- News: Sevenfold rise in smart-city AINews: 4G and 5G IoT-based connectivity is helping generate a sevenfold increase in smart-city AI software revenue by 2025, up to $4.9bn, according to Omdia.
- Flood risk: ‘Future of Infrastructure’ in The TimesFlood risk and resilience: Article for report in ‘The Times’ asks why infrastructure is still the big story seldom told, despite extreme weather headlines?
- Real Estate: ‘Future of Proptech’ in The TimesProptech: Article for report in ‘The Times’ newspaper looks at how there is more than tech to this trend — digital is the future for real estate, not a fad.
You can check out the full archive of past Built Environment posts on SustMeme here.
You can view the SustMeme Top 500 global ranking of Influencers in Built Environment here.