Climate & Energy Channel: News & Views
Latest news and views on the topic of Climate & Energy — brought to you straight from the Editorial Desk of SustMeme and published in association with CESI, the world-leading testing, consulting and engineering company in the field of technology and innovation for the electric power sector.
- First takeoff in UK for commercial-scale electric flightNews: Milestone for decarbonisation of air travel and transport, with first electric-powered flight of commercial-scale aircraft ever undertaken in the UK.
- Corporate climate strategy proves resistant to COVID-19News: Long-term corporate strategy and commitments around climate action appear resistant to disruption from COVID-19, say sustainability professionals.
- First hybrid crew transfer vessels for UK offshore wind farmNews: In a first for the UK, electric drivetrains have been selected to power the crew transfer vessels for a new offshore wind farm in the North Sea.
- Guest Blog: Is the UK more pessimistic about climate change?With confidence in national governments under pressure, Neil Gupta asks: Are UK citizens more pessimistic than most about overcoming climate change?
- Clean energy outperforms dirty power stocks but lacks sizeNews: Clean energy stocks are a clear winner both before and during COVID-19, with higher returns and lower risk than fossil fuels, but lack market size.
- World Sailing challenge inspires new electric boat innovationNews: World Sailing Challenge 2024 is driving low-carbon innovation and Tornado Boats has launched a new climate-neutral coach boat for sailing clubs.
- News: Sustainable Impact Capital invests first in SaveMoneyCutCarbonNews: SaveMoneyCutCarbon becomes first recipient of equity investment as Barclays launches new £175M Sustainable Impact Capital initiative.
- Guest Blog: How cutting short car trips helps save ice capsThe climate impact of short car journeys is massive. Rebecca Currier explains what these toxic little trips mean for shrinking ice caps and marine wildlife.
- News: Solar and wind now cheapest for 2 in 3 people worldwideNews: Solar PV and onshore wind are now the cheapest new energy sources for two-thirds of the global population — their scale-up puts coal and gas at risk.
- Guest Blog: Carbon Positivity Through Product DesignIf carbon neutral is no longer enough, Marcus von Euler investigates how carbon-positive design can help integrate clean energy into everyday devices.
You can check out the full archive of past Climate & Energy posts on SustMeme here.
You can view the SustMeme Top 500 global ranking of Influencers in Climate & Energy here.