Climate & Energy Channel: News & Views
Latest news and views on the topic of Climate & Energy — brought to you straight from the Editorial Desk of SustMeme and published in association with CESI, the world-leading testing, consulting and engineering company in the field of technology and innovation for the electric power sector.
- $3.4 trillion to be invested in renewable energy by 2030News: Decentralisation, decarbonisation and digitalisation will drive multi-trillion-dollar global investment in renewable energy this decade.
- Iceland marks milestone in carbon capture and storageNews: Big boost for carbon capture in Iceland, as 3 top climate tech companies come together to turn 4,000 tons of CO2 a year to stone.
- Former steel mill installs largest single-slope solar array in USNews: With 4,784 rooftop panels on a structure over 1/4 mile long, Mill 19 in Pittsburgh has the largest single-sloped solar array in the US.
- 5 principles for a post-COVID bioeconomyNews: 20-country Biofuture Platform launches a set of 5 Principles to support short-term relief packages and post-COVID economic recovery.
- 5G connectivity key to building greener economyNews: Ultrafast 5G connectivity could be critical to success in cutting carbon emissions and save the UK up to 269 megatonnes of CO2 by 2035.
- Why there is more to anaerobic digestion than just foodNews: Anaerobic digestion industry calls for understanding of its potential to generate energy, support a circular economy and provide jobs.
- Guest Blog: What impact has COVID-19 had on the energy sector?In the wake of economic disruption during lockdown, CESI analyses what impact COVID-19 has had on the energy sector, plus prospects for the next 5 years.
- Green berthing area for Port of Hamburg moors ships off-gridNews: In a boost for sustainable shipping, a new green berthing area has been built for the Port of Hamburg, using solar systems to moor vessels off-grid.
- 10 Pioneers of low-carbon innovation for 2020News: Winners of the BNEF Pioneers competition announced for 2020, showcasing 10 early-stage companies in the vanguard of low-carbon innovation worldwide.
- New Index to calculate carbon footprint of cloud computingNews: Free Index launched to enable users to calculate the carbon impact of options for cloud-computing, to factor in environmental cost of their choices.
You can check out the full archive of past Climate & Energy posts on SustMeme here.
You can view the SustMeme Top 500 global ranking of Influencers in Climate & Energy here.