Climate & Energy Channel: News & Views
Latest news and views on the topic of Climate & Energy — brought to you straight from the Editorial Desk of SustMeme and published in association with CESI, the world-leading testing, consulting and engineering company in the field of technology and innovation for the electric power sector.
• Partner News: CESI has secured a crucial project concerning the development of the regional Grid Code WAPP (West African Power Pool), which will pave the way for the implementation of the electric regional market ECOWAS (Economic Community of West African States), a regional political and economic union of 15 countries located in West Africa – more info here.
- Zero-emission ship design unveiled as ‘Tesla of the Seas’News: Innovative zero-emission ship design could help cut carbon from global fleet of 37,000 vessels, responsible for 3% of world CO2.
- World’s first ‘entech’ net zero trailblazer launched in LondonNews: Energy technology research house launched in UK to create and openly share models and policy ideas for net zero green energy future.
- Ageing dams pose growing threat made worse by climate changeNews: By 2050, most people will live downstream of tens of thousands of large ageing dams operating at or beyond their original design life.
- Energy transition investment hits $500 billion for first timeNews: Record investment of over half a trillion dollars committed to decarbonisation worldwide in 2020, despite disruption from COVID-19.
- Top 5 technologies disrupting the energy industry in 2021News: New report identifies 12 energy technologies to watch for the future, including 5 disruptors set to reshape the global market in 2021.
- World’s biggest vanadium flow battery will time-shift solar in AustraliaNews: The biggest solar-powered vanadium flow battery (VFB) on the Planet will place rural Yadlamalka firmly on the world clean energy map.
- Clean cryptocurrency: World’s first tradable carbon tokenNews: Coalition of leading blockchain companies launches world’s first tradable cryptocurrency token certified for use in carbon offset.
- Probably the best… water desalination project in India?News: Solar-thermal water purification tech partners with famous beer brand on desalination project to create clean drinking water in India.
- Dirty Delivery: Counting the carbon cost this Black FridayNews: Online sales are set to jump 14% this Black Friday, but at what carbon cost to the environment? And how do big delivery firms stack up?
- TV travelogue ‘Long Way Up’ certified by The Planet MarkNews: Carbon footprint of TV travelogue the ‘Long Way Up’ certified by The Planet Mark for epic road trip by electric motorcycle.
You can check out the full archive of past Climate & Energy posts on SustMeme here.
You can view the SustMeme Top 500 global ranking of Influencers in Climate & Energy here.