Climate & Energy Channel: News & Views
Latest news and views on the topic of Climate & Energy — brought to you straight from the Editorial Desk of SustMeme and published in association with CESI, the world-leading testing, consulting and engineering company in the field of technology and innovation for the electric power sector.
• Partner News: CESI has secured a crucial project concerning the development of the regional Grid Code WAPP (West African Power Pool), which will pave the way for the implementation of the electric regional market ECOWAS (Economic Community of West African States), a regional political and economic union of 15 countries located in West Africa – more info here.
- Dirty Delivery: Counting the carbon cost this Black FridayNews: Online sales are set to jump 14% this Black Friday, but at what carbon cost to the environment? And how do big delivery firms stack up?
- TV travelogue ‘Long Way Up’ certified by The Planet MarkNews: Carbon footprint of TV travelogue the ‘Long Way Up’ certified by The Planet Mark for epic road trip by electric motorcycle.
- Guest Blog: Testing the future of grid-integrated renewablesWith clean power on the rise, CESI examines the importance of lab-testing systems for grid-integrated renewables and energy storage.
- Digital twin to help State of New Mexico go carbon neutralNews: Multi-billion-dollar project will use digital-twin technology to help power State of New Mexico towards its carbon-neutral goals.
- World’s first hydrogen double-decker bus unveiled in AberdeenNews: The world’s first hydrogen-powered double-decker bus has been unveiled in the city of Aberdeen, on the northeast coast of Scotland.
- Standard to be set for science-based net-zero targetsNews: Development begins on first science-based global standard for corporate target-setting to deliver net-zero world no later than 2050.
- $3.4 trillion to be invested in renewable energy by 2030News: Decentralisation, decarbonisation and digitalisation will drive multi-trillion-dollar global investment in renewable energy this decade.
- Iceland marks milestone in carbon capture and storageNews: Big boost for carbon capture in Iceland, as 3 top climate tech companies come together to turn 4,000 tons of CO2 a year to stone.
- Former steel mill installs largest single-slope solar array in USNews: With 4,784 rooftop panels on a structure over 1/4 mile long, Mill 19 in Pittsburgh has the largest single-sloped solar array in the US.
- 5 principles for a post-COVID bioeconomyNews: 20-country Biofuture Platform launches a set of 5 Principles to support short-term relief packages and post-COVID economic recovery.
You can check out the full archive of past Climate & Energy posts on SustMeme here.
You can view the SustMeme Top 500 global ranking of Influencers in Climate & Energy here.